To access the Internet please use the buttons at the bottom of this page to accept this agreement.
At Lilydale High School we support the rights of all members of the school community to be provided with and engage in a safe, inclusive and supportive learning environment. This extends to the use of digital tools and online communities and is underpinned by our expectation of safe and responsible behaviour of all members of the school community.
At our school we :
- have a Student Engagement Policy that states our school’s values and expected standards of student behaviour, including actions and consequences for inappropriate online behaviour.
- educate our students to be safe and responsible users of digital technologies.
- raise our students’ awareness of issues such as online privacy, intellectual property and copyright.
- supervise and support students when using digital technologies within the classroom and establish clear protocols and procedures when working in online spaces.
- provide a filtered internet service but acknowledge that full protection from inappropriate content can never be guaranteed.
- respond to issues or incidents that have the potential to impact on the well-being of our students including those reported through online services.
- know that some online activities are illegal and as such we are required to report this to the appropriate authority.
- support parents/guardians to understand safe and responsible use of digital technologies, potential issues and the strategies that they can implement at home to support their child.
This Acceptable Use Agreement outlines the responsibilities of all parties in relation to digital tools and online usage. Parents wishing further information may visit both the Department of Education and Training and Cybersmart:
School IT Support
Support will be provided for:
- connecting the device to the school network, internet, printers and other digital technologies
- set up and management of school, student email and google accounts
- all school-based software and associated issues with school applications
Support will not be provided for:
- connecting to home networks, internet, printers, or other devices
- personal email accounts and settings
- hardware issues related to personal devices
When I use digital technologies and the internet I agree to be a safe, responsible and ethical user at all times, by:
- respecting others and communicating with them in a supportive manner; never writing or participating in online bullying (e.g. forwarding messages and supporting others in harmful, inappropriate or hurtful online behaviours)
- protecting my privacy; not giving out personal details, including my full name, telephone number, address, passwords and images
- protecting the privacy of others; never posting or forwarding their personal details or images without their consent
- talking to a teacher or a trusted adult if I personally feel uncomfortable or unsafe online
- talking to a teacher or a trusted adult if I see others participating in unsafe, inappropriate or hurtful online behaviours
- carefully considering the content that I upload or post online; knowing that this is a personal reflection of who I am and what people think of me
- investigating the terms and conditions of use (e.g. age restrictions, parental consent requirements) and if my understanding is unclear seeking further explanation from a trusted adult
- confirming that I meet the stated terms and conditions and completing the required registration processes
- handling ICT devices with care and notifying a teacher of any damage or required attention
- abiding by copyright and intellectual property regulations; requesting permission to use images, text, audio and video and cite references where necessary
- not downloading unauthorised programs, including games
- not interfering with network systems and security, the data of another user or attempting to log into the network with a username or password of another student
In addition, when I use my personal mobile devices (including my phone) I agree to be a safe, responsible and ethical user at all times, by:
- keeping devices on silent during class times; only making or answering calls or messages outside of school times (except when approved as part of a lesson)
- keeping my mobile phone locked in my locker in accordance with school policy
- respecting the privacy of others; only taking photos or recording sound or video when others are aware and formal consent has been provided as part of an approved lesson
- respecting others and communicating with them in a supportive manner, including outside school hours and in social contexts by not making harassing phone calls/text messages or forwarding messages
- obtaining appropriate (written) consent from individuals who appear in images or sound and video recordings before forwarding them to other people or posting/uploading them to online spaces.
I am responsible for:
- bringing portable devices fully–charged to school every day
- ensuring my devices have appropriate virus protection
- backing up data securely
- carrying my devices in an appropriate protective case at all times
- adhering to this Acceptable Use Agreement when using the machine, both at home and at school, including during lunchtime or when not in the classroom
- ensuring that my usernames and passwords are not shared with others
This Acceptable Use Agreement applies to all digital technologies and environments, including (although not limited to):
- school owned ICT devices (e.g. desktops, laptops, printers, scanners)
- mobile phones and student owned devices
- email and instant messaging
- internet, intranet
- social networking sites (e.g. Facebook)
- video and photo sharing websites (e.g. YouTube)
- blogs or microblogs (e.g. Twitter)
- forums, discussion boards and groups (e.g. Google groups)
- wikis (e.g. Wikipedia)
- vod and podcasts
- video conferences and web conferences.
This Acceptable Use Agreement applies when digital technologies are being used at school, during school excursions, at camps and extracurricular activities, and at home for any activities associated with Lilydale High School, its staff or students.
By signing this form, or clicking “I agree”, I understand and agree to comply with the terms of acceptable use and expected standards of behaviour set out within this agreement.
I understand that the school’s internet server keeps logs of all electronic traffic into and out of the school’s network. I agree not to attempt to bypass any of the school’s filtering or security policies.
I understand that there are actions and consequences established within the school’s Student Engagement Policy if I do not behave appropriately.